Hi! I’m Jenine.
I’m a clinical pharmacist, holistic wellness coach, and founder of Prescribing Health. My experience as a health care provider and my own personal health journey have inspired my passion for holistic wellness.
In the past, I’ve had to overcome my own battles with fatigue, weight, illness, and overeating processed foods (aka sugar addiction). After reading Food, Inc. and watching several documentaries, I slowly shifted into eating more of a plant-based diet. It didn’t take long for me to experience the tremendous benefits of this new lifestyle.
I never realized how bad I felt, until I started feeling so good. How could I not share this discovery with family, friends and patients? So I did, and continue to do so today.
After graduating with me PharmD from the University of Florida, my career began as a typical retail pharmacist. I later transitioned into working at hospitals, and more recently I’ve been working one-on-one with patients in an outpatient setting. My conversations with patients involve a discussion of their medications and health conditions, but very often this leads to a deeper dialogue around nutrition and lifestyle habits.
I discovered many patients’ health issues are tied to being overweight or due to poor food choices. Changing these habits could mean fewer medications, fewer side effects, and preventing disease progression. I see how so many people suffer and are desperate looking for answers, but are instead handed more medications.
To better serve my patients, I studied at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition to obtain my health coaching certificate. Combining my clinical knowledge of drugs and disease with this new education of nutrition and wellbeing, led me to confidently help many people regain their health by making habit and lifestyle adjustments.
I’ve seen clients break free from sugar addictions, reverse diabetes, reduce the amount of medication they take, lose weight without dieting and regain their energy.
In my one-on-one and group coaching programs, we work together to:
- Learn how to get started with a plant-based way of eating. That doesn’t necessarily mean becoming full on vegan, but maybe instead just adding more fruits and veggies into your daily diet.
- Learn how to whip up quick and easy meals that taste good and won’t break the bank $$
- Establish strategies for preparing/choosing the right types of foods for you
- Set personal health goals
- Create step-by-step action plans toward achieving these goals
- Learn to balance a healthy life in a fast-paced, busy world
- Embrace these healthy changes as a long-term, sustainable lifestyle
It’s my hope that you would use Prescribing Health as a platform to gain valuable health information, build a community of support, to learn more about the benefits of plant-based nutrition, and to improve your overall wellbeing.